Deadline: 4 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance and Administration Officer in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible to oversee Pakistan Resident Mission’s (PRM’s) finance and administration (F&A) operations, ensuring that all tasks are undertaken in accordance with ADB rules and procedures and also to ensure that the principles of economy, efficiency and transparency are adhered to.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead the Finance & Administration team, and is responsible for overall financial and accounting management, development and preparation of annual and medium-term budgeting/business plans.
- Supervise the general upkeep and maintenance of all assets; maintaining a proper inventory including asset procurement and disposal/donations in accordance with ADB rules and procedures.
- Supervise the overall implementation of activities related to human resource functions including recruitment of staff, performance management, work plan, promotion exercise, staff development activities and personnel matters.
- Ensure adherence to relevant ADB procedures and guidelines governing institutional procurement of goods and/or services, and the administration of contracts for such goods and/or services.
- Liaise with the Office of the Auditor General (OAG) and assists in its audit of PRM and project accounts. Monitor recruitment and procurement under TAs for which disbursements are made by PRM.
- Liaise with government officials relating to taxes, government duties and facilities. Interact with other international organizations in locality on matters relating to facilities, benefits and administrative developments.
- Prepare plans for medium/long term developments and required improvements in the functioning of the office.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting.
- Preferably with professional accounting qualifications and/or Master’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in financial accounting, Procurement and General Office Administration, and 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
- Proven application of expertise and experience within a specific area (finance, procurement), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices with local languages and institutions.
- Clear understanding of the economic, political, social and developmental issues specific to the country.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheets and required information technologies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.