Deadline: 2 March 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance and Administration Officer in India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for comprehensive financial and accounting management, development and preparation of annual and medium-term business plans and annual and mid-year administrative budgets; preparation, monitoring and utilization of such plans and budgets; and appropriate recording of data and periodic financial and management reporting.
- Responsible for TA financial accounting and recording in accordance with ADB’s policies and procedures.
- Process all travel related transactions, manage the travel agent and ensure that the travel policies and procedures are adhered to for all official travels.
- Responsible for cost-effective and comprehensive administrative support to the office by ensuring a proper and general upkeep and maintenance of all assets (office building, vehicles, equipment, communication network, etc.).
- Maintain a proper inventory, and ensuring that assets are adequate and as per requirements.
- Responsible for planning and implementing procurement and disposal of assets and other items, as may be required.
- Responsible to advise HQ and organize and facilitate seminars and workshops.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative and financial records of the office.
- Advise Country Director, INRM on safety and security of personnel and property through liaison with United Nations Department of Security and Safety (UNDSS) and government agencies.
- Act as the Information Technology Coordinator and provides support, as required, to the ADB HQ and will also be responsible, as may be assigned, to develop specific proposals, such as constructing ADB’s own offices requiring extensive coordination and liaison with concerned authorities, government agencies and HQ.
- Provide effective service related to security, communication, travel, shipping, etc..
- Supervise agreement / work orders for maintenance contracts and other contractual services and purchase orders for major acquisitions.
- Responsible for ensuring adequacy and proper arrangement of required logistic facilities, e.g. workshops, seminars, visas, shipments, customs, etc.
- Liaise with government officials relating to taxes, government duties and facilities. Interacts with other international organizations in locality on matters relating to facilities, benefits and administrative developments.
- Plan for medium / long term developments and required improvements in the functioning of the Office.
- Develop information systems for improved working and administrative functions.
- Formulate administrative guidance and ensures proper compliance for smooth functioning.
- Planning, supervision and monitoring of all IT related matters in coordination with OIST.
- Focal person for INRM’s IT and communication systems and its maintenance.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, economics, business administration, accounting or equivalent.
- Professional training in financial / management accounting.
- At least 10 year’s experience in financial accounting, general office administration, and personnel management.
- Worked in a supervisory capacity for at least 4 year’s.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage contentious situations which potentially affect ADB.
- Strong organizational skills and computer skills, especially in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal competence and supervisory skills.
- Some knowledge of government administrative systems, institutions and procedures would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with local languages.
- Ability to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; familiarity with database management tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.