Deadline: 30 April 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Coordinator in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Senior Finance Coordinator will be responsible for all finance related tasks in DRC Iraq, including the supervision of national finance staff in performing their tasks.
DRC fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that time is divided equally between local offices in Erbil, Duhok and Baghdad.
- In close cooperation with the HOFA ensure compliance with donors’ financial rules and regulations, with relevant local laws and with the guidelines set out in the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and to Headquarters.
- Responsible for collecting cash forecasts from all offices and requesting funds from Headquarters in a timely manner.
- Responsible for requesting installments from donors.
- Take the lead in the Navision Roll-Out process, including training of finance staff and other colleagues in new procedures.
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including national staff and expat staff salaries.
- Keep the Master Budget up-to-date on a monthly basis.
- Communicate and liaise with donors on financial rules and regulations.
- Recruit, provide supervision and coaching/on the job training of national finance staff and undertake appraisals when appropriate.
- Any other duties assigned by the HoFA.
Applicants must have-
- At least 5 years of international practical experience in a senior financial management position for the private sector or for an international NGO (preferred).
- Proven experience in managing large budgets.
- Interpersonal and staff development capabilities.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and undertake a pro-active approach.
- Strong experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English; proficiency in Arabic is an advantage.
- Experience with working in the Middle East is a strong asset.
- Working experience with UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID and BPRM guidelines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.