Deadline: 27 April 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Officer in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 8 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook.
- Prepare monthly cash counts.
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.).
- Cashbox counting according to the financial handbook.
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports.
- Arranging monthly legal accounting in collaboration with external accountants and reflecting tax and social security payment according to accounting reports.
- Following requests from HQ and regional office regarding financial-bookkeeping issues.
- Upload cashbooks to Navision and ensure all data are updated and match with real data.
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners.
- Support financial report preparations.
- Submit progress and status reports to HoFA.
Applicants must have-
- Relevant university degree; finance, accounting, administration or similar field.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience.
- NGO experience preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel…).
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Fluency in English and Turkish. Arabic is a plus.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.