Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Officer in Budapest, Hungary.
The Senior Finance Officer will involve review and analysis of administrative and financial management systems at field offices and the assessment of the implementation of internal controls.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Identify priority operations needing field support, based on an up-to-date global risk appraisal (by country) analysis, and other information.
- Carry out field support missions.
- Provide support, assistance and advice to finance and other staff in field offices, on issues related to financial management and internal controls, as well as financial regulations, rules, policies and procedures, including segregation of duties and delegation of authority.
- Assess the adequacy, effectiveness and progress in implementing the recommendations of the various oversight bodies.
- Identify administrative or finance-related risks, concerns and constraints, and propose mitigation measures through the implementation of best practices.
- Strengthen the capacity of the finance function in field offices, including on-the-job training.
- Report on financial management, risk management, internal controls and oversight, following completed field support missions.
- Perform any other relevant duties, as required by supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field, OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or audit (CA, CPA, CIA or equivalent).
- Minimum ten years of relevant professional experience, of which at least six years of service in field operations at the professional level in the areas of admin/finance and/or audit.
- Excellent knowledge of IPSAS.
- Excellent knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Command of UNHCR’s financial management system (MSRP) or a similar ERP system (such as Oracle or SAP).
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and another relevant UN language, including strong drafting skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.