Deadline: 3 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for managing the Reporting unit.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead Finance Reporting team in setting standards for compliance with the UNOPS financial procedures, systems, policies and the Global Fund specific donor’s requirements.
- Provide technical support on all financial matters for GFATM – Principal Recipient and MMOH Support service project.
- Provide leadership and develop finance organizational strategies by contribution financial and accounting information, analysis and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction.
- Work closely with the Senior Planning and Budget Officer and Budget team on establishing, developing, implementing and review of effective budget analyze and financial reports.
- Produce financial reports and analyze information and regularly provide updates to the senior management both proactively and on request ensuring effective and efficient projects implementation monitoring process is set and maintained.
- Work closely with Capacity Building unit to ensure compliance and timely implementation of all audit recommendations related to financial report for both Principal Recipient (PR) and Sub- Recipients (SRs).
- Supervise the Finance Reporting team to ensure adequate and quality financial reporting set-up and procedures for all PR-GFTAM Projects.
- Monitor the cash ledger and budget for PR-GFATM and take appropriate remedial action to ensure sufficient funding is available at all times.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the actual expenditure for MMOH, GFATM-PR and other stakeholders against approved work plans and budgets.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in accounting, financial management, treasury management and/or other related fields is required.
- Additional 2 years of similar experience with a Bachelor Degree is considered as equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent professional qualifications would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a finance/admin function and/or related field at an appropriate level, with sound understanding of working with an international organization is required.
- Good knowledge of international and/or UN/UNOPS financial regulations and rules and accounting practices is highly preferable.
- Previous successful involvement in a similar position with the UN system would be an asset.
- Previous working experience with Agresso, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be an asset.
- Fluency in both English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.