Deadline: 22 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Assistant in Chennai, India. The duration of this post 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Financial Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Settle client’s payments related to Loans, Guarantees and short term finance products.
- Dispatch Audit confirmations to clients’ external auditors.Monthly reflows of principal and interest to IFC’s co-lenders via Northern Trust batch process.
- Ensure accurate and timely entries in ACBS, Investran, of Loans, Guarantees and Donor Funded activities, commitments, disbursement and payment status, account updates.
- Execute processing, monitoring, compliance, reporting to Donor Trust Funds (DTFI) transactions.Reflow of Principal and Interest that are due to donors who are part of DTFI investments.
- Provide financial operations support to Investment Departments in day to day operations related to IFC guarantees by booking guarantee exposures, dispatching of quarterly guarantee fee bills payable to IFC by Issuing banks or Confirming banks, and provide arrears list of fee paying banks on adhoc basis.
- Quarterly portfolio reporting of investments made under Managed Co-lending Participation Program.
- Provide backup coverage in Loan billing, client contact updates, and Equity & Custody operations during peak volume periods.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably with a major in business administration, accounting, finance or international trade finance.
- Certification such as CA or CPA would be a plus.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in related fields with a public/private financial institution preferably with a global custodian.
- Knowledge of IFC systems, procedures and policies shall be advantageous.
- Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communications skills with attention to details.
- Dedicated team player with ability to interact tactfully and professionally with clients and staff at all levels.
- Ability to manage own work occasionally under deadline pressures, and deliver quality results with limited supervision.
- Dedicated team player with excellent organization skills with ability to interact tactfully and professionally with clients and staff at all levels.
- Ability to deliver under pressures, and deliver quality results with limited supervision.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid skills of the latest information and office knowledge technology and relevant business tools.
- Highest ethical and business conduct standards.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.