Deadline: 22 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Assistant in Chennai, India. The duration of this post 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Settle client’s payments related to Loans, Guarantees and short term finance products.
- Dispatch Audit confirmations to clients’ external auditors.Monthly reflows of principal and interest to IFC’s co-lenders via Northern Trust batch process.
- Ensure accurate and timely entries in ACBS, Investran, of Loans, Guarantees and Donor Funded activities, commitments, disbursement and payment status, account updates.
- Execute processing, monitoring, compliance, reporting to Donor Trust Funds (DTFI) transactions.Reflow of Principal and Interest that are due to donors who are part of DTFI investments.
- Provide financial operations support to Investment Departments in day to day operations related to IFC guarantees by booking guarantee exposures, dispatching of quarterly guarantee fee bills payable to IFC by Issuing banks or Confirming banks, and provide arrears list of fee paying banks on adhoc basis.
- Quarterly portfolio reporting of investments made under Managed Co-lending Participation Program.
- Provide backup coverage in Loan billing, client contact updates, and Equity & Custody operations during peak volume periods.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably with a major in business administration, accounting, finance or international trade finance.
- Certification such as CA or CPA would be a plus.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in related fields with a public/private financial institution preferably with a global custodian.
- Knowledge of IFC systems, procedures and policies shall be advantageous.
- Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communications skills with attention to details.
- Dedicated team player with ability to interact tactfully and professionally with clients and staff at all levels.
- Ability to manage own work occasionally under deadline pressures, and deliver quality results with limited supervision.
- Dedicated team player with excellent organization skills with ability to interact tactfully and professionally with clients and staff at all levels.
- Ability to deliver under pressures, and deliver quality results with limited supervision.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid skills of the latest information and office knowledge technology and relevant business tools.
- Highest ethical and business conduct standards.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.