Deadline: 15 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Assistant in Chennai, India.
The Senior Financial Assistant will be a member of the Financial Reporting team in WFATN and will report to the Financial Officer.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Carry out day-to-day accounting functions involving fund transfers, expense transfers, interim budget recoveries, budget updates and cancellation of funds for assigned programs within the ambit of trust funds accounting / administration policies / procedures and agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) parameters.
- Manage expense reposting requests from clients, review and process such requests efficiently in accordance with the reposting guidelines and agreed SLA.
- Assist external auditors by providing the required supporting documentation in support of financial statements, in coordination with various Country Offices, within the agreed service level agreement (SLA) parameters.
- Initiate procedures to close assigned trust funds when due and return unutilized funds as per the procedures after completion of closure process.
- Monitor and resolve inconsistencies in master data /general ledger using exception reports.
- Compilation of the relevant legal documents and the general ledger extracts to serve as back up documents for the financial statements for trust funds requiring audit.
- Provide information in the form of metrics / charts on certain financial accounting activities to be included in overall departmental operations report.
- Actively participate in various other projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must have-
- ICWAI (Qualified) OR CA Inter (Qualified) OR Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Chartered Accountants or other equivalent professional qualification (CPA/ACCA) is preferred (not mandatory).
- Exposure to an integrated accounting system would be highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy while managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Good team player, with a strong client and results orientation, capable of working within a multicultural environment, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities and work demands, and willingness to learn new skills and seek help from colleagues.
- Strong computer skills, and basic understanding of information systems and the application of new technologies.
- Good written and oral language skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.