Deadline: 24 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Control Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Financial Control Assistant will process claims, including applications for liquidations, provide analytical support, and assist in coordinating processing and administrative activities in a specialized work area within ADB.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Control Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Process TA and grant-funded project claims, including liquidations, for payment of consultants, contractors and other service providers under ADB and donor’s technical assistance grants or trust funds.
- Ascertain that the claims/billings submitted are in accordance with contract provisions, relevant financial covenants, applicable administrative orders/circulars, and established Bank practices and policies.
- Review consultant’s contracts to monitor cost estimates, contract variations, actual disbursements by budget cost category and prepares status of consultant’s contracts for information of supervisor.
- Process disbursement vouchers, journal vouchers and other relevant payment documentation.
- Monitor and reconcile TA advances and Resident Mission Suspense Accounts; monitors advances and liquidations, clears matched items, and prepares monthly reports on outstanding advances and unreconciled items.
- Maintain existing filing system by sorting and filing routine materials according to prescribed systems and established guidelines.
- Draft various internal and external correspondences on TA disbursement-related matters for review by supervisors.
- Assist TA section on special projects and team members with higher volumes and complex claims and liquidations.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, banking, accounting or auditing; preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Minimum 5 years in auditing or accounting work experience preferably in a highly computerized environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of ADB’s operations, administrative and disbursement policies and procedures.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own location and to work collaboratively with teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to promote team work.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.