Deadline: 9 August 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 4 years.
The Senior Financial Officer will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the group’s responsibilities as they relate to the accounting and valuation of financial instruments.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Officer will permorm the following functions:
- Oversee accounting entries and perform daily/monthly control activities for the borrowings and investment portfolios.
- Oversee daily valuation review (for collateral activities) performed by Chennai team.
- Oversee market data implementation and monitoring activities.
- Monitor and analyze accounting results as they relate to the borrowings and investment portfolios to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or those deviations are understood and adequately documented. This would include the establishment of exception and monitoring reports and review and investigation of the same.
- Produce valuations for the financial instruments, utilizing Summit, Numerix, and Bloomberg modeling tools.
- Analyze the results of sensitivity to market movements by utilizing Summit tools and formalizing into procedures and reporting.
- Proactively interact with World Bank Treasury (TRE) front office business units to stay abreast of new/proposed activities that may have accounting, valuation, and/or reporting implications.
- Manage client service relationships within and outside the Bank by providing financial information, training programs and related materials.
- Lead cross-unit initiatives and Bank-wide initiatives representing WFASF’s views on matters. This includes participating in discussions pertaining to WFASF’s accounting, controls and policies and implementing new financial instruments.
- Fiduciary responsibility in reviewing policies and procedures and ensure they are correctly followed.
- Translate new initiatives or financial products into new processes and/or system requirements. This includes documenting approaches and processes, drafting Business Requirements Documents, test plan and testing of system.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and internal controls. Be responsible for promoting controls and ensuring compliance in WFA.
- Provide analysis of results to management and other units in the Bank.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics and minimum 10 year’s relevant experience in accounting and valuation pertaining to financial instrument transactions, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional experience with major financial institutions with practical knowledge of interest rate curve construction, yield and FX volatility surfaces and correlations, as well as Bond/Swap valuation methods including cancellable instruments.
- Strong understanding of fixed income and debt derivative products with emphasis on interest rate and FX option pricing theory.
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical skills including familiarity with financial modeling techniques.
- Strong knowledge of the functionality of applications such as Reuters, Summit and Bloomberg.
- Strong understanding of fixed income products and their related accounting treatment.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, self-confidence and self-motivation.
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills; commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; detail oriented.
- Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests. Ability and desire to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highest ethical standards.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.