Deadline: 29 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Sector Specialist in Tunis, Tunisia. The duration of this post 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead or contribute to the preparation and implementation of lending, technical assistance and analytical projects, or components of them.
- Work on financial sector development issues in Tunisia.
- Initially, the focus will be on SME finance/access to finance and financial inclusion finance, but the work program is expected to evolve over time (including working in other countries in MENA).
- Lead and/or support the implementation of ongoing/proposed FCI financing/lending projects and advisory services and analytics (ASAs) and contribute to developing a work program of future financing and ASAs to meet the country’s needs in line with country and GP priorities.
- Engage in country strategic dialogue with clients on the design of policies to promote sound, efficient and inclusive financial sectors, as well as in consultations with various stakeholders including donors, development partners, civil society and beneficiaries.
- Provide inputs to other Global Practices on financial sector related policies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients in government and the financial sector as well as other development partners.
- Interact predominantly with counterparts at the working level in national governments, supervisory authorities or other businesses and organizations, as well as acts as liaison between team members in headquarters and Country Offices and with public sector counterparts.
- Support the design of new lending operations and ASA activities to foster financial and private sector development in Tunisia as well as help monitor the implementation and impact of the existing lending and ASA projects.
- Contribute to a variety of written products and communications, including components of major reports (Briefs, Analytical Notes, Back to Office Reports, Aide Memoires, Project Concept Notes, and Project Documents), as well as drafts other technical working papers for wider circulation.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (MA/MS) in economics, public policy, finance, business administration, law, social science, engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Fluency in English and French (required).
- Knowledge of Arabic would be a strong plus.
- 8 years of relevant experience in financial sector development policy.
- Experience in legal reforms in these fields would be a plus.
- This experience could include government-facing work, including central bank, work in the private sector or work with a government entity or a donor agency in the areas above.
- Deep understanding of financial sector institutions and regulatory frameworks with a specific focus on SME access to finance and financial inclusion Strong knowledge of private sector development issues, one or more sectors, such investment climate, industries including understanding of their investment and competitiveness policies, and global value chain integration would be a plus.
- Ability to operate effectively in a complex environment, with superior level of resourcefulness.
- Ability to work with autonomy, manage and complete multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines under pressure.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.