Deadline: 31 October 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Health Finance Director, Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Senior Health Finance Director will be responsible to assist country teams to develop technical strategies, approaches and plans, implement activities and monitor progress towards outlined project milestone/deliverables/ approved workplans.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Health Finance Director will perform the following functions:
- Leadership and Management
- Lead design and implementation of technical support activities related to health financing in Rwanda
- Stays abreast of key developments in health finance, budget advocacy, community-based health insurance, and resource allocation innovations and interventions in Rwanda to inform technical activities under the Rwanda IHSA.
- This includes frequent interaction with the Government of Rwanda stakeholders relevant to this area as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies
- Represent the project, company, and programs in the health financing area in Rwanda, as well as with others in the professional community.
- Technical Excellence
- Prepare financial protection and domestic resource mobilization analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use
- Provide assistance to others on matters related to topic area of research and evaluation and applies relevant methodologies to programmatic issues of importance
- Supervise short-term local consultants in Rwanda assigned to health finance activities
Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Staff Management
- Lead and manage staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development.
- Provide technical staff training where necessary (i.e. On- the- job -training, through coaching or formal short courses facilitated by managers themselves to develop to skills and knowledge).
Applicants must have:
- MPH, MBA or MA in international development, international relations, public policy, or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in international development
- Advanced degree in health economics with academic specialization in health financing or commensurate work experience in health finance
- Significant working experience in health finance and health economics
- Experience in public financial management, decentralization and citizen engagement, health policy and financing, local economic development, and/or public-private partnerships (PPPs) desirable
- Familiarity or experience with Rwanda health system is a plus
- Familiarity with USAID-supported projects (experience with West or East Africa a plus)
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in health finance research
- Knowledge of relevant literature related to topic area
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs is not required, but will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) – this includes data analytics
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines
- Fluency in English required
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Must be willing to live and travel within Rwanda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.