Deadline: 17 June 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Industry Specialist in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Industry Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Identify gaps and needs for developing sustainable energy/climate finance programs in targeted countries, including formulation of motivation/drivers for end-users to implement climate friendly projects using FI’s financing.
- Prepare and update IFC’s Climate Finance strategy in the region to address climate change issues, including preparation and updating of applicable tools, manuals and procedures.
- Develop approaches for sustainable energy project development and financing, through partnerships and transaction structures with financial institutions, local vendors, Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), engineering companies and other market players.
- Actively develop new business leveraging for both investment and advisory services leveraging his/her network of industry contacts.
- Design, develop, sell and lead targeted climate finance advisory program(s) with partner banks, including training and monitoring components, to improve credit underwriting, risk assessment and portfolio management and reporting practices.
- Implement Climate Finance strategy roll outs in target countries as needed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Environmental Sciences, or Economics.
- Minimum 12 year’s of work experience in the Sustainable Energy (SE) and climate smart business, including the technical and financial aspects energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and investments.
- Expertise/familiarity with metrics and tools for tracking climate investments, including GHG accounting tools.
- Sound understanding of financial structures used to finance climate friendly projects as well as how banks, insurance companies, capital markets, and other financial intermediaries typically work in the area of climate friendly financing.
- Extensive knowledge of clean energy and environmental markets in the region and knowledge of international best practices and global trends in the industry.
- Good understanding of the perspective of the private commercial banks, private equity, insurance companies and other financial intermediaries, including their business drivers, the scope of their operations, and their interests, so as to be able to successfully engage and sell to them.
- Familiarity and confidence to be able to negotiate and be effective in a matrixed working environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English language skills are required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.