Deadline: 26 June 2019
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Internal Auditor in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Senior Internal Auditor will provide oversight and practical advice to ensure quality and compliant project external audits. (S)he will advise on fraud investigations, risk management, organisational accreditation and due diligence as well as work with SNV’s Extended Management Team to ensure the consistency and quality of SNV’s policy environment.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Internal Auditor will perform the following functions:
- Oversees, develops and maintains SNV’s internal audit approach, tools and plans.
Within this framework, independently draws up, executes and reports on individual internal audit exercises (on-site for SNV country office and project audits as well as desk-based for process audits).
- Discuss results and remedial actions with auditees.
- Provide advice to auditees; monitors progress against audit findings and recommendations.
- This includes status reporting to SNV’s Managing Board, its Supervisory Board’s Audit and Risk Committee, and its external auditor where appropriate.
- Report to and advises SNV’s Managing Board on internal audit trends and best practice, corporate improvements, including relevant corporate policy changes.
- Advise on and inputs into relevant corporate due diligence exercises, donor accreditation processes and policy reviews.
- Advise on and monitors fraud investigations, analyses learning to apply solutions at corporate level.
- Maintain an overview of SNV’s policy environment and works with policy holders to ensure the consistency and quality of SNV’s policy environment.
- Acts as the single point of contact for external project audits.
- Provide pragmatic backstopping to SNV projects on external audits processes to support projects in meeting their donor compliance requirements.
- Analyse trends on external audit findings and leads on practical solutions to improve on these at corporate level;
- Support risk identification and management at corporate level.
- Participate in audit and control related projects and provides advisory services on relevant issues as required.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate degree in auditing (Registered Auditor [RA] / Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Registered Operational Auditor [RO], Certified Internal Auditor [CIA] or equivalent degree), other relevant qualifications will be considered when candidates have demonstrable experience of carrying out internal audit and coordinating external financial (project) audits.
- Strong auditing background with at least 7 years of relevant experience in auditing, preferably in an international development related field.
- Demonstrable experience of internal audit processes and leading audits in an international (development) context.
- Ability to work independently, draw on an external network of audit expertise, provide pragmatic advise and translate ‘audit language’ to a non-specialist audience.
- Excellent analytical skills, conceptual thinking, financial literacy and analysis.
- Experience in quality assurance processes, including due diligence and risk management.
- Experience of performing general controls within an Enterprise Resource Planning environment is necessary.
- Team player, good facilitator and an excellent communicator in English.
- French Language is highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel to SNV operating countries (approximately 30%).
How to Apply
Applicants must send cover letter and CV (both must be in English) through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.