Deadline: 10 May 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Officer in Mongolia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Identifies and screens non-sovereign investments for ADB consideration, monitoring developments in priority sectors and ensuring that investment, advisory, and upstream activities contribute to the country partnership strategy (CPS). Coordinates closely with key stakeholders from government and the private sector to raise awareness of ADB’s policies, strategies and instruments for private sector investments and support.
- Supports processing of non-sovereign investments in coordination with ADB’s Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). Conducts financial and credit analysis and risk due diligence of potential investments including in private sector infrastructure, the financial sector and agribusinesses. Supports structuring of loans, equity investments, guarantees and other forms of assistance. Works and collaborates with the Office of Risk Management and the safeguards office to address credit-related and safeguard issues in respect of transactions under processing.
- Performs coordination role between ADB’s East Asia Regional Department (EARD) and ADB’s Private Sector Operations Department and Office of Public-Private Partnership. The focus will be on guiding areas of business development for private sector transaction teams, coordinating with sovereign operations, advisory services, and knowledge services pipeline, and upstream work. Supervises and administers consultants.
- Supports EARD’s Sector Divisions and contributes to One ADB initiatives to incorporate nonsovereign financing and advisory operations into country approaches and deliver integrated public and private sector solutions.
- Supports processing and implementation of EARD’s sovereign operations in public sector management, private and financial sector development. Leads processing and implementation of technical assistance. Supports and leads the administration of ongoing operations (loans and TAs). This will include promoting good governance and compliance with ADB’s policies, including social safeguard and anti-corruption policies, and may involve monitoring borrower’s/investee’s compliance of covenants, and leading and participating in project review missions. Provides inputs for preparation of monthly and other periodical reports to the management and government, Project Completion Reports (PCRs) and TA Completion Reports (TCRs). Prepares periodic project profile updates and manages project databases.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business (or equivalent) preferably with advanced training.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields and at least 5 years specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the field of economics, investment or finance.
- Project management experience with a leading financial institution, investment bank, or a consultancy firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent understanding of private and financial sector development.
- Public sector management experience is desirable.
- Experience in project management
- Credit analysis skills: ability to interpret accounts, understanding of accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Financial analysis skills: ability to design financial models and undertake risk analysis.
- Familiarity with loan, equity investment, and financial agreements.
- Nationality of Mongolia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.