Deadline: 25 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Play senior, client leadership role for MEA INR team with foreseen emphasis on power and transportation sub-sectors with added responsibilities for business development across all infra sectors.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities in the MEA region by anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge.
- Supervise a commensurate number of INR projects in the MEA region.
- Work closely with the country managers and officers – joint work to include developing client, country and sector strategies.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Review and analyze business opportunities, synthesize information into internal reports for decision making purposes.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions.
- Execute IFC’s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects.
- Lead upstream initiatives aimed at creating markets, creating opportunities for MEA region countries, including work on key project agreements and project structures.
- Lead negotiation/documentation teams; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in straightforward and complex transactions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Lead and manage project teams, mentor and develop junior staff, analysts in the team.
- Collaborate in developing sector and/or regional strategies and support related promotion work, including targeting potential investments and policy advisory work.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact
Applicants must have:
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- At least 8-12 years of experience with a development finance institution (DFI), an international financial institution, a private equity firm or a development organization with tasks related to private sector financing and development.
- Proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments in infrastructure sectors, ideally including investments in the MEA region.
- Regional knowledge of countries and understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by countries within the region will be a plus.
- Knowledge of the various infra core sectors (power, transportation, utilities, telecoms, natural resources); equity investment, project finance and renewable energy finance experience is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English backed by examples and references (additional fluency in Arabic language will be given special consideration).
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, demonstrated by track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively.
- Financial skills: demonstrated ability to structure a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Strong record of portfolio management of complex projects.
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Prior experience of working with IBRD and MIGA will be a plus.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to mentor junior investment staff.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.