Deadline: 10 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Investment Officer will identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects for financial institutions based in WCA.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Business Development:
- Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects in target regions, particularly less developed countries, and grow and develop new business transactions.
- Develop and guide teams in the preparation of pitchbooks and client proposals in support of new business.
- Structuring and Negotiation:
- Structure complex investments (comprising both debt and equity) according to understanding and assessment of client and country risks.
- Negotiate terms with clients, internal and external stakeholders, and partners, including senior management of IFC and clients (CEO, CFO).
- Prepare client/partner presentations and support their decision making at key transaction stages.
- Deal Execution:
- Lead transaction team from initiation, due diligence, internal approvals, and processing of debt and equity investment, actively handling key work and directing and coordinating work of other team members from across multiple departments.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for transaction-related decisions and relationships.
- Transaction Management:
- Deliver all transactions and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis and using best practice standards.
- Ensure that defined transactional requirements recorded in documentation are executed accordingly.
- Monitor the portfolio and report development results internally and externally.
- Knowledge Sharing:
- Build IFC’s knowledge base for best practices and participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- Initiate collaboration and share expertise as a subject matter expert, providing advice, peer review and contribution to knowledge products across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
- Mentoring and coaching:
- Mentor and coach less-experienced investment and advisory services staff and help build talent and grow skill base of staff.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in finance or similar relevant education; accreditation as a CFA or CPA is considered a plus.
- 12 – 14 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, including a solid operational understanding of commercial banks and other financial entities in West Africa in particular, and the Africa region in general.
- Demonstrated network of top-level contacts in the financial services and investment industries in the sub-region.
- Advanced financial, credit and risk evaluation skills, with demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity); experience in portfolio management.
- Documented experience identifying, originating and qualifying new business opportunities developing and executing results-driven client engagements.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions.
- Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule; facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the business community and governmental authorities, as needed.
- Demonstrated strong written, presentation, and business level communications skills in English as well as French for Dakar.
- Ability to synthesize and present information effectively and tailored to different audiences.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.