Deadline: 30 January 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Officer, Housing Finance and Capital Markets in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of the housing finance and capital markets strategy and program, aiming to expand the availability and affordability of housing finance in emerging markets.
- Collaborate within global team and with regional teams to identify capital market housing solutions for FIG clients, developing a strong pipeline of quality investment opportunities for IFC, through employing knowledge of housing and capital markets, and anticipating market trends.
- Develop solutions for distressed housing loans.
- Focus on adding value to IFC’s clients, finding pragmatic solutions to sector challenges, and achieving sustainable development impact.
- Help mobilize other investors alongside IFC.
- Identify potential collaborations with other departments of IFC and with the Finance, Competitiveness and Innovation unit (FCI) and the Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience unit (SURR) of the World Bank.
- Evaluate markets for formal and informal sector housing construction and finance, identify viable entry points for IFC.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of business plans for investment projects, including collaboration with FCI and SURR, ensuring strong coordination, upstreaming and enabling environment for the development of housing and capital markets.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with clients and government officials, support the development of marketing and training tools for housing finance.
- Supervise projects, including client interaction, analytical assessments, on-site reviews and the preparation of internal project documentation for results, sustainability and development effectiveness.
- Provide best-practice technical advice to IFC staff and external clients.
- Mentor and coach less-experienced staff and help build talent and grow skill base of staff.
- Build teams, network of peers and partnerships for success.
- Build IFC’s knowledge base for best practices in housing finance and capital markets, participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in finance, economics or other related areas, accreditation as a CFA or CPA is considered a plus.
- Minimum 10-12 year’s of experience in finance, with evidence of growing expertise in banking, financial institutions and finance related disciplines, including retail banking.
- Minimum 6 – 8 year’s of recent experience in housing finance and capital markets, with evidence of growing expertise in a variety of housing finance related disciplines including: origination, servicing and operations of primary market activities, capital markets transactions, project and institutional risk management.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of complex financial instruments.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Knowledge and experience in international economic development and commitment to sustainable development.
- Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions.
- Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule, facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.