Deadline: 07 April 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Origination and Processing
- Originates new equity investments which satisfy ADB’s development impact and financial objectives – working in close collaboration with ADB’s sector teams and Resident Missions
- Executes equity investments by playing a leading role in the deal team – taking specific responsibility for the investment thesis, the realistic financial returns, the key risks, and the exit plan.
- Manages the due diligence process – financial, commercial, operational, legal etc. – to ensure that a thorough assessment is carried out of the expected risks and return.
- Provide advice to the deal team for all direct equity investments on deal structuring, valuation, and bidding strategy.
- Management of Key Accounts
- Assumes primary account responsibility and relationship responsibility for assigned key accounts.
- Reviews or approves waivers and amendments, annual reviews, ratings, valuation reports, exit proposals and other documents submitted by EIU staff in connection with assigned key accounts.
- Performs, if assigned by Advisor, PSOD and Head, EIU, the role of director on the board of certain ADB investee companies representing ADB’s interest in accordance with the principles of sound corporate governance.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in business administration, finance, or related fields; or university degree in business administration, finance, or related fields and at least 5 years specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered
- At least 10 years of combined professional financial and emerging markets experience in the private sector with remarkable work in project processing, administration of private sector projects covering capital markets, financial institutions, corporate finance, project finance, privatization, financial structuring etc.
- International experience working in several countries
- An understanding of how to conduct advanced valuation analysis in respect of project & corporate finance transactions, financial institutions, and private equity investments. In addition, it is essential that they have a deep understanding and appreciation of equity markets and products.
- Strong risk management expertise, covering the different risk categories (market risk, credit risk, operational risk), etc.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of equity, loan, and related products, including pricing, servicing, accounting, exiting, etc. and with particular experience in developing markets
- Ability to lead negotiations with investee companies, borrowers, fund managers, existing and prospective shareholders, sponsors, and co-investors
- Experience in dealing with distressed assets is an advantage
- Strong analytical and structuring capabilities
- Proven leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory and team management skills are essential, along with the ability to drive a high-performance culture and lead by example
- Experience in managing a team with diverse interdisciplinary skills
- Ability to multitask is essential
- There will be frequent travel to developing member countries (DMCs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, in particular strong ability in business writing
- International experience working in development in several countries
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.