Deadline: 27 May 2019
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Investment Specialist is responsible to promote projects that are sound beneficial economically, financially and commercially, and sustainable environmentally and socially, also to help partners improve project profitability and financial sustainability and provide technical assistance and advice on developing business modality.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Conduct field visits to Palestine to get a closer look at the business climate and to do due-diligence for the entities and projects that are nominated to invest in or with it, including the meeting with the members of the Board of Directors or Shareholders, the Executive Officials, the relevant governmental agencies and any individuals or entities related to the entities or projects which are expected to invest in.
- Represent the Fund in the Entities’ Boards of Directors or Steering Committees of the projects in which the Fund invests.
- Propose innovative financial structures suits the investment transactions in the area of economic empowerment.
- Follow-up on activities of the institutions, projects and programs that the Fund invests in, to ensure that they achieve the economic and social objectives set by the investment process.
- Negotiate with the entities that the Fund will invest in, about details of the contractual terms to ensure the rights, and sustainability of the deal between the concerned parties.
- Develop an important stock of viable investment opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with global and regional private companies, banks, multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the Fund’s activity and develop investment opportunities.
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) and submit them to the Fund Manager.
- Support the Fund Manager in presenting the periodic reports to the Administration Committee and the Board of Shareholders.
- Evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of the projects in the Fund’s portfolio or expected ones.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Investment, Finance, Financial Engineering or any related qualification.
- MSc Finance, MBA, or CFA is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in Investment function and financial analysis, ideally within a Multilateral Development Bank, with at least 4 year’s experience in the field of investment development.
- High skills in deal making, follow-up, networking and teamwork.
- Advanced knowledge of the structuring of Islamic Financings, Shari’a Regulations for transactions and good knowledge of microfinance.
- Good knowledge of the legal framework and the economic and social challenges in Palestine is a very important feature.
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, experience in emerging markets a plus.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Business development and client relationship skills. track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable economic development.
- Experience of working with Economic Empowerment, Developmental Endowments and other projects in conflict areas.
- Analytics on performance of funds and reports.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit IsDB.