Deadline: 20 January 2017
Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operational Risk Management Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Operational Risk Management Specialist will participate in development and implementation of operational risk policies and systems and conduct operational risk assessments at business unit level to identify, monitor, mitigate and reporting on operational risks.
IDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operational Risk Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Work Program based on coverage, risk priorities and issues identified.
- Prepare appropriate operational risk monitoring and reports for review and onward submission to the GRMC/Management.
- Coach business departments to ensure that the objectives and milestones for the relevant initiatives and projects are achieved with the right level of quality and in the time assigned.
- Actively monitor achievement versus plan on the roll-out of operational risk management within IDB and the Group.
- Conduct specialized awareness sessions on operational risk management for staff to contribute effectively in promoting a risk management culture at the Group level.
- Maintain deep knowledge of best practices in operational risk management and disseminate information through monthly operational risk bulletins.
- Share latest updates and innovations in the field of risk management tools, solutions, and software with IDB Group entities/departments.
- Provide advisory support to IDB business departments on matters related to operational risk.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships through individual contacts and group meetings and promote a culture of risk management.
- Participate in rating review activities.
Applicants must have-
- 9 years of experience with Masters 12 years with Bachelors.
- Exposure to financial institutions, project finance, corporate finance, structured finance, derivatives, portfolio management, credit risk policies and guidelines and related banking activities preferred.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Risk management software and applications.
- Operational Risk Assessment and RCSA.
- Credit ratings.
- Capital Allocation Models.
- IFSB and Basel regulations.
- Islamic Finance.
- Financial and treasury risk assessment skills.
- Proficiency in risk modeling techniques and controls including knowledge of risk management software and applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.