Deadline: 16 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Manager in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Manager will perform the following functions:
- Review and clear all ACO and Afghanistan Project Management Unit (APMU) recommendations requiring approval by DFAM’s Treasurer and Comptroller.
- Coordinate and set up additional alternative funding channels to provide liquidity to UNICEF Afghanistan.
- Oversee that there is an effective disbursements logistics set in place by the ACO, including disbursements planning and cashflow forecast prepared by the Afghanistan CO team, the resulting bank balances are kept at the level necessary to operate while as low as possible to mitigate risk, and coordinate funding arrangements with UN/UNICEF Headquarters under the management and approval of UNICEF’s Treasurer.
- Negotiate with Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and provide technical advice to the ACO operations team and APMU as well as to the ACO senior management on all Forex related matters in consultation with DFAM- Treasury and Structured Finance (TSF) Section.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in finance, accounting, banking, economics, business management, business administration, international relations, or other related social science field is required.
- Advanced University Degree, a Bachelor’s Degree and a valid professional certification (Treasury Manager, CFA; CA, CPA; etc.) from an internationally recognized, accredited institution with 2 additional year’s relevant experience is acceptable.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant professional experience working in international finance/treasury for a global corporation.
- Experience in emergency contexts highly desirable.
- Experience in cash transfer programmes is an asset.
- Knowledge, skills and leadership for managing teams, budgets and project execution.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.