Deadline: 14 July 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Client and Stakeholder Management:
- New business development in line with client and market needs.
- Communicate with top management of the bank, and ability to articulate institution level as well as segment level solutions especially in the Microfinance segment.
- Knowledge transfer sessions across the region, lead diagnostics with the client and solicit AS engagements in line with IS and country policies.
- Provide oversight especially to Microfinance projects in the Asia and Pacific region for quality and consistency of approach.
- Design and Operationalize Solutions:
- Collaborate with Client Engagement staff as well as industry specialists in the design and pitch negotiation of client solutions.
- Review and contribute to the development and approval of relevant project documents and client deliverables for moderately complex projects to ensure standards and objectives within a thematic area are met.
- Participate in senior level client meetings to provide technical advice and monitor progress in implementing thematic recommendations.
- Improve the design and delivery of client solutions by incorporating global best practices and lessons from past.
- Partner with results team in developing appropriate theories of change and results frameworks and indicators to strengthen the development impact and sustainability of client solutions and continuously learn from client projects/ engagements.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a closely related field, or professional certification (CPA, CFA).
- At least 15 year’s experience in the financial sector, having done leadership roles for at least 5 year’s.
- Strong skills and demonstrated track record in delivering advisory engagements in the area of Microfinance.
- Strong understanding of financial and banking sector, as well as of reforms enabling and/or inhibiting access to financial services for underserved market segments.
- Good understanding of SME Banking, trade finance, supply chain finance and transaction banking.
- Understand how business models in development finance work and able to conceptualize how those models apply in designing client solutions that incorporate thematic mandate.
- Sufficient understanding of sector, its market factors and terminology to converse with clients.
- Understanding of IFC and WBG products/ instruments and where there are opportunities for cross-organizational collaboration.
- Understand the implications of different policy and regulatory frameworks governing the thematic areas.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and aptitude to learn new systems is a must.
- Ability to use project management systems is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills plus fluency in English is must.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.