Deadline: 27 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Portfolio Assistant in New York, United States.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Portfolio Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Administrative Support
- Assist with administration and regular monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine aspects of project delivery.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of budget revision in required formats and in compliance with UNOPS requirements for internal approval, monitoring of funds availability; run budget reports including transactions details and exceptions.
- Monitor expenditures, verification for accuracy of expenditure requests (COPs, invoices, TECs), completeness of documentation submitted.
- Lead administrative arrangements (e.g. logistics) for conferences/meetings/Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange information on administrative issues and seek co-operation.
- Resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to supervisor with recommendations for course of action.
- Travel and Logistics
- Process travel transactions (authorizations and travel expense claims) including in OneUNOPS system, requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for all personnel, UN officials, and visitors, ensuring compliance with UN rules and regulations.
- Provide information on air services, including itineraries, rates and travel schedules for specific itineraries.
- Processes travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities, payments, and contracts.
- Lead travel arrangements for meeting participants and personnel, register participants in travel tool, book hotel accommodation and conference venues, arrange transportation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education/High school diploma or equivalent is required
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) is desirable and may substitute for some of the required number of years of experience.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressive experience in administration, finance or programme support.
- Knowledge of OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Familiarity with UNOPS policies and procedures, especially with regard to finance, procurement of personnel, goods and services desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, including productivity tools such as G Suite or MS Office.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.