Deadline: 7 January 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Rabat, Morocco.
The Senior Programme Associate will be responsible to perform a variety of specialized tasks in support of the preparation, monitoring, and control of the budget, involving several different sources of funds of the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Technical, administrative and operational support to the section
- Support advocacy and capacity development activities/events related to evaluation, performance monitoring, programme development, and related UNICEF systems/tools by supporting the administrative and logistic aspects as well as the contribution to the preparation of training materials.
- Carrie out administrative and financial transactions in VISION/SAP and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Provide technical and operational support to the section in the monitoring of the country programme implementation especially regarding the budgets and expenditures aspects.
- Support to the office programme budgeting and grants monitoring
- Contribute to the office budget preparation, monitoring and fund allocation, and provides technical support for budget preparation purposes including but not limited to registering grant allotments, budget allocation to sections and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of the programme by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations and advise on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Provide information and support on allotment accounts (grant) and availability of funds; and compilation of information on Country Programme Budget in summarized reports.
- Provide technical, administrative and operational support for the effective and efficient implementation of HACT activities
- Within the HACT framework and related Procedures and Guidances, and under the supervision of the PME Specialist, incumbent will serve as the Office HACT Focal Point.
- Accountable for the planning and the effective and efficient implementation of Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer (HACT) activities in line with the HACT procedure and related guidance to ensure full HACT compliance and related organizational rules, regulations and procedures in the Morocco country office.
- Ensures in collaboration with Operations and Programme teams, the coordination and the full implementation of assessment and assurance activities (Micro-Assessment, Spot checks, Programmatic checks and Audits) as per HACT procedure requirement.
- Ensure office PRC Secretariat
- Serve under the guidance of the Deputy representative (PRC Chair) as Office’s PRC secretariat and provides support to the PRC chair and sections throughout the PCA/SSFA processes.
- Maintain the PCA / SSAF file up to date and ensure that the amendments, the development and closure processes of the PCA / SSFA are in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that the Office is compliant with PCA/SSFA procedures and related guidelines and templates including PSEA clauses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the success of the team.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- University level degree an asset.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible administrative office management, Finance, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Fluency in French and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of English is a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.