Deadline: 28 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Public Finance Expert in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Public Finance Expert will perform the following functions:
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to member states(MSs) on health financing policy for universal coverage, with particular focus on francophone countries.
- Develop, adapt and provide to MSs relevant technical approaches, models of good practice, and networking opportunities based on the best-available evidence.
- Collating, analyzing and disseminating country experiences and other sources of evidence about what works and what does not work in specified technical areas such as public financial management, fiscal space and related health financing issues.
- Take the lead in the development of an Organization-wide approach to health financing and public financial management issues in collaboration with Regional Office counterparts, other HQ departments, relevant partner agencies, and relevant institutions.
- Lead and take part of capacity building activities in health financing, public financial management, and fiscal space for health (e.g. WHO courses, webinars, eLearning development).
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics, health economics, public finance, health policy, public health, medicine, or related field with a concentration in health financing.
- Doctoral Degree in economics, health economics, or health policy with evidence of a concentration on health financing.
- At least 10 year’s of experience with low and/or middle income countries undertaking health finance and public finance policy analysis and related policy advisory work.
- Demonstrated experience at the international level.
- Experience working in international agencies, and collaborating with other agencies active in health financing;
- Experience working in low and/or middle-income countries.
- Expert knowledge of English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.