Deadline: 27 October 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Resource Management Officer in New Delhi,India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Senior Resource Management Officer will be responsibal for effective financial management, including resource allocation for the India country program and play a regional in the South Asia Region as an advisor to other staff in BPSES in offices in the region.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Resource Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Financial Management of Country Office Work Program and Resources.
- Accountability: Under the general direction of the CAO, is primarily responsible for the effective resource management of the work program and financial management in the country office. Oversees the financial management functions of the country office.
- Integration: Responsible for the integration of diverse of complex range of topics – country office strategy, inputs, business plans, financial management of Bank and TF resources, performance indicators, cost effectiveness, internal controls, into a single resource management work program for the country office.
- Business planning and Indicators: Play a key role with the Management team in providing expert advice and guidance in the formulation of guidelines and instructions for the preparation of the business planning, resource planning, and business indicators.
- Exercise independent judgment during budget formulation (BB, TFs, and other cost-share/ revenue sources) and review by advising on resource allocation and reallocations for management decisions.
- Develop long-term expense plans linked to country strategy, work program and resource planning.
- Monitoring: Ensure that planned deliverables and budgets are aligned with Institutional and regional priorities, objectives, and guidelines.
- Implement effective processes to sustain monitoring of all aspects of resource management (e.g. budget, staffing, space, depreciation, etc.). Periodically reviews exception reports and takes remedial actions.
- Financial Control and Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in designing, developing and monitoring an adequate system of risk management and internal controls over the country office’s and region’s financial transactions and business operations.
- Work with the Country Director and Manager of Operations to ensure a strong control environment in the office.
- Provide guidance, advice, interpretation and recommendations to the Country Director, Manager of Operations and staff on RM policies and procedures.
- Team Lead Role
- Exercise significant team leadership, encourages and promotes team spirit within the RM team.
- Coach and mentors new recruits in overall RM related activities and institutional policies and procedures.
- Guides and supervises other RM staff on agreed processes.
- General Administration and Human Resources
- Ensure that Bank’s assets and inventories are appropriately recorded and safeguarded.
- Provide expert advice in development of administrative policies and practices in consultation with other units for the efficient and effective operation of the country office.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required to fulfill position specific requirements (e.g. Economics, Public Administration, Information Systems, etc.) OR Bachelor’s Degree plus an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, CGMA)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- The position requires highly developed technical, analytical, systems skills, as well as team leadership, coaching and knowledge-sharing abilities based on in-dept knowledge on Bank fiduciary, budget, operations, and administrative processes.
- Initiative and excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills are a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.