Deadline: 24 June 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Cohesion Officer in Myanmar.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Cohesion Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Development and Delivery:
- Ensure project outcomes are deliveredto quality required by the programme, to schedule within set budgets and scope.
- Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
- Prepare management products – including project quarterly report, monitoring and evaluation plan, project logframe/results framework, project work plan, and project governance document.
- Establish and manage project procedures – risk and issue management, change control, communications.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Manage project financial budgets and targets, providing accurate and timely information on expenditure.
- Stakeholder Management and Communications:
- Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
- Manage information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Ensure organisational communications about project benefits, progress and outcomes suit audience and are timely.
- Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders, taking action to resolve.
Applicants must have:
- Significant project management experience in a development sector with a proven track record of developing and delivering quality projects at a community and national level using evidence-based and people-centre approach.
- Sectoral knowledge in the fields of social cohesion, peace building and social accountability.
- Understanding and valuing the role of volunteering in development, and commitment to mainstream social accountant.
- Strong financial management skills (including ability to understand and work with restricted funds and full cost recovery concepts, and project funding issues).
- Understanding of financial management policy and excellent budget monitoring and management and reporting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Burmese, with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire.
- Experience of designing a project monitoring and evaluation framework, conducting project monitoring activities and writing reports.
- Experience of successfully monitoring and managing budgets.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.