Deadline: 15 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Security Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 5 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Social Security Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Monitor contract implementation for all medical insurance plans, provides performance reports, recommendations, statistics, cost analysis, trends and periodic reports to Senior Management, Committees, and other Third Parties relating to the provision of Medical Insurance Plans including verifying reports received from various Offices of the Organization.
- Support the Secretary of Staff Pension Committee, prepares the disability case review, follows up with beneficiaries on necessary documents for their eligibility, liaises with Chief Medical Officers in FAO and WFP for medical case reviews, arranges emergency medical evacuation travels, reviews the claims in compliance with FAO Manual Section and identifies any discrepancy.
- Monitor and coordinate the day-to-day operational activities for the Staff Compensation Unit to provide the initial analysis of the Service-Incurred claims, follows up with relevant offices to obtain sufficient information for the Secretary of ACCC, prepares the case studies for Secretary and the Advisory Committee of Compensation Claims (ACCC) review assists in transitional activities for system enhancement.
- Review relevant Manual Sections for compliance with changes to the Medical and Life Insurance Schemes and Staff Compensation proposing required changes and coordinating updates as approved.
- Ensure the appropriate application of human resources policies, Staff rules and regulations in the area of staff compensation and medical insurance schemes, suggesting changes and modifications when necessary.
- Support the Participates in the processes of tendering, analysing bids, negotiating of services and ensuring adherence to service level agreements and KPIs and suggests modifications when needed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor Degree/Advanced University Degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or other related fields.
- 5 year’s of experience for candidates with the above-mentioned Advanced University Degrees and 7 year’s of experience for candidates with other non-related Advanced University Degree, in administration, including experience in administration of medical and life insurance schemes, staff compensation or appendix D management, United Nations Joint Staff Pension, human resources management, financial services, legal and other social security matters.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Extent and relevance of experience in either Social Security Benefits, Medical Insurance Contract Management or human resources management; or a combination of at least two of these areas.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting clearly and concisely reports and policy papers preferably in English.
- Working knowledge English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or of Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.