African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Staff Accountant in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Staff Accountant will provide support in areas of general ledger accounting, monthly close, and assists in efficient tracking and reporting of AWF’s financial resources.
The African Wildlife Foundation, together with the people of Africa, works to ensure the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of revenue entries to the accounting system in reconciliation with Raiser’s Edge (fundraising database).
- Monitor, update, and reconcile all US-based customer records. Ensure cash receipts relating to existing pledges are recorded properly against the related receivable.
- Set up and process financial data relating to grant estimates, obligations, sub awards, and modifications in Award Vision. Post grant financial data through to grant budget ledger in accounting system and file all relevant documentation.
- Set up award guidelines and share milestone reports with relevant program and finance teams.
- Maintain all approval rules and logic in the accounting system ensuring the integrity and internal controls of each rule.
- Assist in the GL review to ensure compliance with US GAAP and donor rules and regulations.
- Assist in the accounting and financial reporting of AWF subsidiaries.
- Participate in the monthly close process, ensuring completion of reconciliation schedules under the direction of the senior finance team.
- Oversee and update US-based asset inventory in the accounting system.
- Assist in research for and support the country registration process.
- Assist in maintenance of up-to-date finance and administrative calendar.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of off-site storage contents, with a procedure to preen the files semi-annually.
- Provide administrative support to the Controller and Vice President of Finance and Administration.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, accounting/finance preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting functions.
- Experience in managing federal awards a plus.
- Experience in MS Dynamics preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AWF.