Deadline: 4 May 2016
Democracy International (DI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Staff Accountant in Maryland, United States.
The Staff Accountant will be a member of the accounting and finance team providing financial support according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
DI offers expertise and practical, field-based experience across the entire range of democracy, human rights, governance, and conflict-mitigation programming and in every region of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Set up and maintain vendor accounts in accounting system.
- Review, verify, and code invoices and check requests for payment.
- Post invoices in accounting system and update daily transactions.
- Set up, file, and maintain vendor and consultant files.
- Prepare accounts payable aging report and weekly accounts payable cycle.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, including correspondence with vendors and staff; Process and post expense reimbursement reports in accounting system.
- Process and post field expense reports in accounting system.
- Review and reconcile fixed asset inventory reports from the field expense reports.
- Process wire requests online and post wire payments.
- Maintain, reconcile, and prepare Form1099Misc for consultants and vendors.
- Maintain financial records to include general ledger, accounts payable and contracts.
- Prepare requests for government letter of credit payment reimbursements for program funds.
- Reconcile monthly credit card account statements.
- Prepare general journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Perform month-end close process.
- Prepare quarterly federal financial reports and other reporting requirements for government contracts.
- Backup for government contract invoice billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Three years of accounting experience required.
- Two years of accounts payable experience required.
- Experience with government contracts and working knowledge of FAR preferred.
- Experience working for or with USAID funded projects preferred.
- Working knowledge GAAP required.
- Experience with accounting software required; proficiency with Sage MAS 90 software preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a small office with other staff members on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Accurate data entry and computer skills, including Excel required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their cover letter and resume through online process.
For more information, please visit DI.