Deadline: 11 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Management Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 9 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Plan and manage the coordination and implementation of logistics activities to ensure timely, cost effective service and safe delivery of goods to clients, in accordance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and UNOPS Procurement Manual.
- Manage the logistics component of supply chain in coordination with the procurement Officer.
- Liaise and coordinate with freight forwarders and transport companies; with clients’ logistics teams to keep them continually informed about shipping dates and arrival estimates; and with the clients for issuance of custom duty exemption documents to the custom clearing agent.
- Prepare documentation and delivery notes for certification purposes.
- Maintain inventory and logistics related documents and files.
- Draft letters for dispatch to clients related to logistics & supply chain Management.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field in combination with qualifying experience is required.
- Master’s Degree in accounting, financial management, business administration or related field would be advantageous.
- Relevant professional supply chain, logistic or procurement qualification would be considered a significant asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant experience at the national or international level in logistic, operation management supply chain management of warehouse management.
- Experience of working with Incoterms or International Commercial Terms is required.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations, particularly UNOPS procurement procedures is an advantage.
- Experience in working with logistic and supply chain management systems would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.