Deadline: 11 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Management Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 9 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Supply Chain Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Plan and manage the coordination and implementation of logistics activities to ensure timely, cost effective service and safe delivery of goods to clients, in accordance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and UNOPS Procurement Manual.
- Manage the logistics component of supply chain in coordination with the procurement Officer.
- Liaise and coordinate with freight forwarders and transport companies; with clients’ logistics teams to keep them continually informed about shipping dates and arrival estimates; and with the clients for issuance of custom duty exemption documents to the custom clearing agent.
- Prepare documentation and delivery notes for certification purposes.
- Maintain inventory and logistics related documents and files.
- Draft letters for dispatch to clients related to logistics & supply chain Management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field in combination with qualifying experience is required.
- Master’s Degree in accounting, financial management, business administration or related field would be advantageous.
- Relevant professional supply chain, logistic or procurement qualification would be considered a significant asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant experience at the national or international level in logistic, operation management supply chain management of warehouse management.
- Experience of working with Incoterms or International Commercial Terms is required.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations, particularly UNOPS procurement procedures is an advantage.
- Experience in working with logistic and supply chain management systems would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.