Deadline: 27 April 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Officer will perform the following functions:
- Undertake local procurement of program and administration supplies in close consultation, guidance and supervision of Supply & Logistics Manager and coordination with program/ administration colleagues i.e., market surveys, supplier/vendor sourcing and evaluations, invite bids/quotations, tabulate/adjudicate, review committee submissions, issuance of local purchase orders, monitoring payments to suppliers and their performance and prepare monthly Local Procurement Status Reports.
- Undertake procurement of institutional service contract of program and administration related services, as appropriate in close consultation, guidance and supervision of Supply & Logistics Manager and coordination with program/administration colleagues and newly formed emergency construction unit. i.e., market surveys, contractor/vendor sourcing, invite bids/quotations, tabulate/adjudicate, recommendation for review committee submission and issuance of local service contracts, contract administration including monitoring payments to contractors and their performance, and prepare monthly Contract Status Reports.
- Oversee supply/contract/distribution plan preparation in close coordination with program and logistics colleagues, review and finalization of supply requisitions/terms of reference/technical bid documents/request for contracts drafted by program section in terms of specifications, budgets, accuracy, corrections, amendment/adjustments etc. and advise requesting program/Admin section on related matters.
- Provide input to promoting of supply chain strengthening with government and counterparts through capacity development initiatives and providing technical support in close collaboration with supervisor and program colleagues.
- In close consultation with supply assistant and under the guidance of supervisor, maintain close liaison with Supply Division and Regional Office colleagues on all offshore procurements in terms of new policies, Long Term Arrangements for Direct Orders, quality of specifications, timely issuance of Local Procurement Authorizations and overseas Purchases Orders, shipping documents, budget adjustments, amendments and supply/logistics related communications.
- Co-ordinate with Logistics Officer and logistics colleagues in sharing supply & distribution plans, offshore and local supplies order and arrival status to ensure logistics team carry out advance planning on receipt, tax exemptions, warehousing, in-country distribution, monitoring and preparation of status reports.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Commerce, Accounts / Finance, Business Administration or related discipline, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract / Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field.
- Additional qualification/certification in Supply Chain Management from a reputed overseas institute is an asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s of progressive and professional work experience in supply/logistics management or related field at national and international levels in a reputable organization or international agency.
- Knowledge of the VISION database system as an asset.
- Working with the UN, International NGOs in the development sector in the area of supply chain, establishing and managing long term agreements, supporting emergencies and capacity building of government and implementing partners, desirable.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of local language of the duty station essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.