Deadline: 06 April 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Support Services Manager in Chisinau, Moldova. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Support Services Manager will perform the following functions:
- Planning and Strategy
- Ensure that annual planning for support services is done and regular targets are met and that these are linked to the coordination unit for area operation consistency.
- Ensure that project planning includes relevant support service requirements (such as lead times and appropriate budgets).
- Ensure that resource mobilisation is realisitc and meets the needs of support functions, by using the operations budget to input to various donors.
- Ensure that support services are fit for purpose to meet programme needs.
- Be the focal point for the compliance self check, risk register, internal audit and results, contract.
- Support the Response Manager in strategic plan development.
- Establishing the Support Services Functions for DRC Moldova
- Support the new strategic plan for the DRC Moldova in communication with the Support Services in the DRC Office Poland, Moldova and Romania by setting up an appropriate support services structure and team that ensure support functions meet the programmatic needs in Moldova.
- Ensure that the support services planning for DRC Moldova field operations is well planned.
- Ensure the field office is compliant to DRC Operational Handbook and DRC Dynamics User Guides and policy briefs by conducting field visits and mini-internal audits to ensure capacity is sufficient for the operation.
- Provide guidance on policy issues at field level in liaison with Response Manager and Head of Support Services DRC PMR.
Applicants must have:
- A University degree in a relevant field (Finance, Accounting or any humanitarian activity) or proven work experience that would match a University degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience in people management.
- Experience in providing oversight of support functions: IT, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Administration.
- Good knowledge of IT, with Microsoft suites and in troubleshooting for staff with little command of IT.
- Previous knowledge of enterprise resource planning online system, MS Dynamics knowledge is advantageous.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills with experience in liaising with local authorities and local partners.
- Flexible, pro-active, and with the ability to follow through on tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are mandatory.
- Working knowledge of regional languages (Romanian, Ukrainian and/or Russian) will be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.