Deadline: 05 July 2022
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Adviser, Health Financing, Commodities Security Branch, Technical Division in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Strategic technical leadership and guidance
- Capacity development in sustainable financing
- Evidence and Knowledge Development and Dissemination
- Technical Representation
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate University Degree or equivalent in public health, public administration, health financing, health economics or related fields.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive technical area, of which seven years at the international level
- Direct experience working with public expenditure management
- Hand-on experience working on health systems reforms in low or lower-middle income countries
- Experience with framing the relationship between health and development, the social and economic determinants of health and the impact of health investments on national economies.
- Experience in developing policy on issues related to health systems and health care expenditures and financing policies, on the inter- relationships between macroeconomic policies and health and health care issues
- Knowledge of and experience with innovative financing mechanisms for health or related programs
- Knowledge in the use of global and regional databases on national accounts, government finances, national health expenditures, consumer price indexes, household surveys and other social and economic indicators
- An acknowledged expert and recognized authority in the technical area
- Strong track record of technical leadership
- Extensive network within the development community
- Field experience is desirable
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is highly desirable for this role as interface with bilateral and multilateral partners
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.