Deadline: 27 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Admin Technical Assistant G4 in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Admin Technical Assistant G4 will be responsible to assist in the day to day implementation of technical maintenance of NRC premises.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Admin Technical Assistant G4 will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the technical maintenance of all NRC premises (electricity, heating, A/C, plumbing, sewage, repairs and upgrades in buildings).
- Ensure continuous and safe power supply to NRC premises through the monitoring of city power, generator power and battery back-up power, troubleshooting, maintenance.
- Ensure availability of fluids such as water, gas and fuel for generators and heaters.
- Manage a monthly petty cash box for maintenance works.
- Provide kitchen supplies to cleaners on a weekly basis, in liaison with warehouse section.
- Submit monthly reports on the consumption of kitchen supplies, fuel and electricity bills.
- Manage keys of all premises and keep updated key holders’ forms.
- Support the setup and preparation of meetings rooms in liaison with the administration officer.
Applicants must have:
- 1 – 2 year’s of experience from working as a technical administration assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Skills in general maintenance of buildings (plumbing, electricity, heating, A/C, maintenance of generators and battery backup).
- Some knowledge of MS Office is an advantage (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.