Deadline: 27 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Admin Technical Assistant G4 in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Admin Technical Assistant G4 will be responsible to assist in the day to day implementation of technical maintenance of NRC premises.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Admin Technical Assistant G4 will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure the technical maintenance of all NRC premises (electricity, heating, A/C, plumbing, sewage, repairs and upgrades in buildings).
- Ensure continuous and safe power supply to NRC premises through the monitoring of city power, generator power and battery back-up power, troubleshooting, maintenance.
- Ensure availability of fluids such as water, gas and fuel for generators and heaters.
- Manage a monthly petty cash box for maintenance works.
- Provide kitchen supplies to cleaners on a weekly basis, in liaison with warehouse section.
- Submit monthly reports on the consumption of kitchen supplies, fuel and electricity bills.
- Manage keys of all premises and keep updated key holders’ forms.
- Support the setup and preparation of meetings rooms in liaison with the administration officer.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- 1 – 2 year’s of experience from working as a technical administration assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Skills in general maintenance of buildings (plumbing, electricity, heating, A/C, maintenance of generators and battery backup).
- Some knowledge of MS Office is an advantage (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.