Deadline: 7 December 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Assistant will lead to the restoration of natural productivity and conservation of the habitats of a number of plant and animal species and valuable ecosystems.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in all administrative aspects of the project.
- Schedule workshops and meetings, and arrange their logistics.
- Draft and type minutes of meetings and correspondence in English.
- Follow-up on correspondence with relevant stakeholders, Implementing Partners, the Project Board, UNDP and GEF, etc.
- Assist the PM in maintaining continuous liaison with UNDP.
- Maintain up-to-date soft and hard filing systems.
- Undertake secretarial duties such as maintaining contact information (tel., fax, e-mail) of all project stakeholders including work teams.
- Support the PM in the Projects’ tasks as the Secretariat for the Project Executive Board and the Technical Advisory Group (calling for meetings, preparing and distributing an agenda, keeping of minutes of meetings, follow-up on decisions, keep members informed on the progress, etc.).
- Assist the PM to develop and submit progress and financial reports to UNDP in accordance with the reporting schedule.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree B.A, BSc or its equivalent, professional certificate in budget, accounting (AAT level 111, CIMA etc).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in administration and financial responsibilities works.
- Experience in donor-funded projects is an asset.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English.
- Report writing in English with fluency is absolutely necessary.
- Nationality of Gambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.