Deadline: 5 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration Assistant in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Administration Assistant will be responsible to assist in the day to day implementation of the Admin function responsibilities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that the NRC office is in compliance with all administrative legal requirements i.e. taxes, government registrations and licenses in the area of operation.
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the office/guesthouse.
- Support the CMU staff with organization of meetings, workshops, conferences and trainings upon official request & approval from requesting staff.
- Consistently updating the contact list for all consortium members/ committees.
- Keep the consortium informed about all administrative issues of relevance.
- Support and suggest tools to aid in planning & monitoring of CMU staff travel requests.
- Rais purchase requests (PRs) for admin related procurements/ services for the CMU as per written request from staff.
- With the help of Admin/HR officer supervise the daily work of cleaners, cleaners and guards.
- File administrative documents according to procedures.
- Supervise the maintenance of the office and the office compound in collaboration with the Admin officer and logistics department.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness in all office interiors and advise the cleaners accordingly.
- Assist in making travel arrangements, booking of flights and hotel accommodation for visitors.
- Arrange for staff and visitor’s visas, flight bookings, transport and accommodations.
- Receive and reconcile all flight and accommodation invoices and process payment for all invoices.
- Ensure that the telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time.
- Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of office and guesthouse supplies and consumables.
- Assign, supervise and appraise the work of Cleaners and Cooks.
- Perform any other duties assigned by line manager and head of department.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma in Business Administration or any related training.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context .
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Basic Computer skills in MS Office Word and Excel, and Internet.
- Good command of English language .
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.