Deadline: 19 June 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration Associate in Abuja, Nigeria.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration Associate will perform the following functions:
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of staff working in the area, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures, and performance plan.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment, web-based applications and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate complex concepts orally; ability to prepare written reports that are clear, concise and meaningful.
- Good interpersonal skills, courtesy, tact and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural team environment, with high level of teamwork, good sense of initiative and ability to plan and follow procedures;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints;
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Nationality of Nigeria
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.