Deadline: 30 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administration & Finance Assistant in Sulaymaniah, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Administration & Finance Assistant will be responsible for all human resources activities for the Country Offices, such as position classification, recruitment, contract administration, employment conditions and entitlements, policy formulation and staff development.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administration & Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide a full range of secretarial services, ensuring that deadlines are met and correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Type and edit technical reports, documents and presentations in accordance with WHO style, draft general correspondence on own initiative or upon instructions.
- Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services. Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
- Receive, screen and process incoming correspondence and requests, obtain and attach background information and forward to the staff concerned; draw their attention to specific issues/problems as necessary.
- Make necessary arrangements for field visits and duty travel of team members, consultants and visiting missions, follow up on ticket and hotel reservations, security clearances, and process travel requests in GSM.
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops and training activities, by typing documents and presentations, sending letters to participants, photocopying and preparing files; follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements.
- Ensure proper compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to Global Management System (GSM) instructions and WHO rules.
- Select and enter data from variety of documents, ensure accuracy in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations.
- Prepare financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports.
- Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WRO office pertaining to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, Imprest, DFC’s, GES etc, based on authorizations received.
- Monitor Imprest GL’s ensuring accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.
- Reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis.
- Use GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of programme activities according to the approved country workplan.
- Follow up on the transfer of program funds and initiate award budgeting in GSM.
- Monitor awards expiry dates, alert responsible staff, and initiate action for expenditure batches.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by administrative and/or financial/accounting training.
- University degree in business administration, finance, accounting, commerce, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressive administrative experience; including experience in financial/accounting work.
- Proven drafting skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting/financial principles
- Very good Stress and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of pertinent WHO procedures and established rules is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Arabil / Kurdish.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.