Deadline: 14 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administration Officer in Kampala, Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Office, CD residence and guest house management
- Responsible for proper functioning of the Country office, guest house and CD residence in Kampala.
- Ensure that all premises are in good shape, and proactively advise on changes or improvements to be done.
- Ensure that garbage disposal, sewerage emptying is done in a timely manner.
- Be the custodian of office guest house and CD residence key spares.
- Maintain an inventory list on the keys distribution and update this on a monthly basis and share the keys register on a quarterly.
- Take charge of installing First aid kit refills for Kampala office, guesthouses, and residences on quarterly or when need arises and coordinate with the field offices on timely refills.
- Service contract and Lease management
- Monitor all service tracking sheets i.e. rental tracker, expatriate housing cost tracker, payments tracker, flights tracker, EU volunteer cost tracker, office rentals, MOU’s and registrations trackers, First aid refill schedules etc.
- Manage all administration service related contracts and leases, inform in advance the supply chain team on the expiry of leases and service contracts and ensure that a renewal is ready two weeks before the expiry date.
- Update the contracts follow up sheet on a monthly basis and submit a monthly report to the Country HR/Admin Manager.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3-year’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Humanities or related field.
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Knowledge of MS office applications.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
- Fluency in local languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.