Deadline: 6 April 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration Support in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration Support will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Provide administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), arrangements for shipments.
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of files in Administrative Unit
- Provide support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records and files on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Facilitating asset disposal as per UNDP procedures and processes.
- Support asset transfer from Country Office and projects to partners.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education.
- 2 to 3 year’s of relevant administrative experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.