Deadline: 2 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative and Financial Associate in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative and Financial Associate will perform the following functions-
- Administrative, financial and logistical support to the Global Program to Combat Cybercrime.
- Track Program expenditures based on the allocated budget and in accordance with the rules.
- Processing requests for the purchase of goods / services assigned to it.
- Support for the organization of meetings, trainings and other activities of the Program: visas, air tickets, hotel reservations, travel authorization, airport transfers, per diem requests and proof of expenses.
- Processing of travel authorizations and travel requests for staff members, consultants, United Nations staff, experts, making sure that the UN rules on the most direct route and prices the most competitive are followed.
- Coordinate with the Finance / Administration department and make sure that suppliers’ payment files are properly tracked.
- Identify potential suppliers / service providers and interface service between the office and the vendors for the registration of these in the supplier database on the Umoja platform.
- Preparation of correspondence, letters and notes verbales.
- Ensures the facilitation of the development and sharing of knowledge.
- Significant contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform all other tasks requested by the hierarchy.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education, must be a Baccalaureate.
- University Education (Bachelor’s) in Administration (Business Administration or Public Administration) or equivalent would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Specialized training in the field of purchasing is an asset.
- Have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience in administrative assistance and / or purchase and logistics.
- Experience in the United Nations system is considered an asset; as well as experience of the Umoja system.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Very good command of French and good knowledge of English.
- Understanding of English is also required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.