Deadline: 2 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative and Financial Associate in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Administrative and Financial Associate will perform the following functions-
- Administrative, financial and logistical support to the Global Program to Combat Cybercrime.
- Track Program expenditures based on the allocated budget and in accordance with the rules.
- Processing requests for the purchase of goods / services assigned to it.
- Support for the organization of meetings, trainings and other activities of the Program: visas, air tickets, hotel reservations, travel authorization, airport transfers, per diem requests and proof of expenses.
- Processing of travel authorizations and travel requests for staff members, consultants, United Nations staff, experts, making sure that the UN rules on the most direct route and prices the most competitive are followed.
- Coordinate with the Finance / Administration department and make sure that suppliers’ payment files are properly tracked.
- Identify potential suppliers / service providers and interface service between the office and the vendors for the registration of these in the supplier database on the Umoja platform.
- Preparation of correspondence, letters and notes verbales.
- Ensures the facilitation of the development and sharing of knowledge.
- Significant contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform all other tasks requested by the hierarchy.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education, must be a Baccalaureate.
- University Education (Bachelor’s) in Administration (Business Administration or Public Administration) or equivalent would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Specialized training in the field of purchasing is an asset.
- Have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience in administrative assistance and / or purchase and logistics.
- Experience in the United Nations system is considered an asset; as well as experience of the Umoja system.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Very good command of French and good knowledge of English.
- Understanding of English is also required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.