Deadline: 2 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible in performing secretarial, administrative and operational support services for various activities to support assigned initiatives or projects of the Division.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are properly typed, prepared, submitted on time and in compliance with ADB’s standards.
- Provide administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Ensure the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Depend on the assigned department, may be asked to assist in project processing, editing publications, basic accounting and treasury operations, HR administration, procurement, and research to support assigned initiatives or projects of the Division.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a private or public organization.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.