Deadline: 15 December 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to support the execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Representative will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and coordination support to procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies:
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager.
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction.
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies.
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate procurement processes for the Multi Country Office:
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary.
- Coordinate contract management processes for the Multi Country Office:
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases.
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers.
- Maintain filing system.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff.
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Ensure proper control of assets:
- Maintain records of assets management and prepare reports.
- Provide input to inventory reports.
- Implement the inventory and physical verification control in the office and projects.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized educational institute; or a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset.
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.