Deadline: 15 December 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to support the execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Representative will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide administrative and coordination support to procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies:
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager.
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction.
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies.
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate procurement processes for the Multi Country Office:
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary.
- Coordinate contract management processes for the Multi Country Office:
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases.
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers.
- Maintain filing system.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff.
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Ensure proper control of assets:
- Maintain records of assets management and prepare reports.
- Provide input to inventory reports.
- Implement the inventory and physical verification control in the office and projects.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized educational institute; or a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset.
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.