Deadline: 5 August 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Sittwe, Myanmar.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, as required.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents, maintain mailing lists, Photocopying and duplicating services, Distributing the UN Women publications.
- Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Monitor and maintain office stationery and office supplies including maintenance of stock list, distribution of stationery/supplies and keeping a log of distribution, as required.
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports.
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance.
- Moving/rearranging office furniture and equipment as and when required.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, trainings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Document events performed by the organisation including taking photos for communication purposes as required.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions in ATLAS and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Collect quotations and Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects; Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields is an asset.
- Secondary education with 4 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, or logistic support service.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 year’s of relevant experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.