Deadline: 20 August 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Bissau, Guinea-Bissau.
The Administrative Assistant will responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks for the respective unit requiring full knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform following functions:
- Communication & Workflow
- Facilitate the communications and workflow of the organizational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicate routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Calendar/Meetings/Correspondence Management
- Maintain office calendar and arranges meetings.
- Take minutes of meetings and keep the correspondence of the unit well Organized.
- Support capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arrange times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaise with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Provide travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Brief/de-brief staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extract, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Invoice Processing
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION.
- Upload electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Support management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- Good knowledge of UNICEF administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Guinea-Bissau.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.