Deadline: 21 March 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Honduras.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Budget Monitoring
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Human Resources
- Drafts vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates.
- Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Coordinates the scheduling of interviews and technical assessments.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant administrative work experience is required.
- Knowledge of administrative management practices in an organization of the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
- Knowledge in customs clearance and international commerce practices, which includes in-depth understanding of local legislature regarding permits such as ARSA, SENASA and tax exemptions is an asset.
- Knowledge in public procurement is desirable.
- Experience in asset management and inventory is an asset.
- Experience in travel or travel related work is desirable.
- Experience in supervising drivers and vehicle management is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.