Deadline: 17 December 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Lilongwe, Malawi.
Administrative Assistant will be responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks and some specialized for the respective section, requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Budget Monitoring for the Administration Unit
- Monitor commitment and financial expenditures of Administration Unit, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provide support to the Administrative Officer on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring of administrative services.
- Administrative Service Contracts Management and Procurement Requests
- Provide back-up support in administrative service contracts management in the absence of the Senior Administrative Associate.
- Keep vendor lists, partner, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Communications & Workflow
- Facilitate the communications and workflow of the Administration unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicate routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Calendar/Meetings/Correspondence Management
- Maintain Administration Unit calendar and arranges meetings.
- Take minute of Administration Unit meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Events/Logistic Support
- Support Programme Sections as and when required with administrative supporting documentation.
- For Operation Section, support in the capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arrange times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Travel Support
- Provide travel assistance to staff members for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organizationâ€™s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Brief/de-brief staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.Â
- Extract, input, maintain, and verifie correctness of travel records in the organizationâ€™s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- For Administrative Goods and Services
- Responsible for receiving invoices, verifying and obtaining payment approvals and, thereafter submit invoices for processing.
- Follow up on the payment process.
- Respond to service provider inquiries related to payments for provision of administrative services and goods.
- Produce monthly invoice age analysis report to ensure that invoices and being processed in a timely manner.
- Property Management, Office Equipment, Vehicles
- Support management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicle fuel, updating inventory of items.
- Monitors adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Act as custodian of fuel cards and maintains fuel receipt register.
Applicants must have:
- Completed secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- Minimum 5 years experience in administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as a definite asset.
- Knowledge of UNICEF administrative policies and procedures will be a definite advantage.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities is essential.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background as well as in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Fluency in English and local working language is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.