Deadline: 11 April 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Dakar, Senegal.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Administrative Support
- Collect and process statistical data.
- Establish an effective system for physical and electronic archiving of office records, and ensure updating in accordance with UNOPS regulations in this area.
- Provide administrative support to the entire office.
- Manage the switchboard and welcome visitors.
- Receive and distribute the mail.
- Write correspondence, notes verbales and memos.
- Classify and codify incoming and outgoing documents and ensure their rigorous management.
- Prepare the necessary documentation and tools for internal and external meetings and prepare minutes.
- Create Vendors, POs and Receipts.
- Process and follow the contracts and invoices of Service Providers.
- Set up a system for managing supplies of office supplies.
- Travel and Logistics
- Provide logistical support for exemption certificates and clearance formalities.
- Organize staff missions: prepare documentation relating to travel and safety authorizations.
- Inventory, Asset and Supply Management, Guard, Common Premises
- Supervise the regular maintenance of vehicles.
- Meticulously monitor service delivery contracts: electricity, water, insurance, telephone, etc.
- Tracking telephone consumption and billing for any overruns are subject to consumption limits.
- Report and promptly investigate vehicle accidents, damage, loss and theft of objects.
- Acquisition and sharing of knowledge
- Provide strong contributions within knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Synthesize lessons learned and disseminate best practices in administration.
- Support the organization in implementing training and learning initiatives for staff on administration topics.
- Ensure the security of confidential documents.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s and / or Master’s) in social sciences or administration or in a similar field with at least 1 year of experience would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field administrative management.
- Knowledge of UNOPS rules and procedures would be an important asset.
- Comprehensive fluency in Excel and Word.
- Perfect command of spoken, spoken and written French is required.
- Knowledge of written and spoken English would be considered a benefit.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.